Practice and Project Lead, Advertising and Outcomes
PM3 Planning and Program Analyst 3
Strategy and Governance, Communication and Engagement
Advertisement Number: 40748
PM3 $68,995.00 - $86,717.00 per year
March 21, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation.
The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
As a member of the department’s Strategy and Governance Branch, Practice and Project Leads play a critical role in ensuring excellence across the division and throughout summary government by leading and coordinating policy development, communities of practice, skill development, reporting and transformation projects. The Practice and Project Lead for Advertising and Outcomes provides whole-of-government leadership to the quality of advertising and communications efforts, outcome-driven planning and measurement, and the governance of communications and engagement efforts to ensure appropriate oversight and value-for-money.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary education in communications, politics/political science, public administration, or a combination of relevant experience, education and training may be considered.
- Experience in outcome measurement and governance of communications and advertising activities
- Experience in leading advertising within a government or other public sector or non-profit environment
- Experience in policy and program development across multiple departments and in supporting policy through systems such as communities of practice
- Experience leading complex projects in a large organization, ensuring adequate governance, stakeholder engagement, change management and adherence to budget and outcomes
- Advanced leadership skills with the ability to lead others through influence rather than direct authority
- Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to negotiate, foster collaboration and consensus
- Strong political acumen with demonstrated experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders on complex topics and sensitive issues
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Reporting to the Director of Strategy and Governance, the Practice and Project Lead's key responsibilities are:
- Supports the ADM and Director by developing strategic options, comprehensive policy advice and recommendations using internal and external expertise
- Coordinates multi-department and whole of government policy development, ensuring medium- to long-term strategic alignment
- Provides a challenge function for major government advertising efforts, applying a systemic, whole-of-government and best practice lens that balances departmental pressures with central government priorities
- Develops and implements accountability and support mechanism
- Builds and manages relationships with external stakeholders, inter-jurisdictional colleagues, and with non-governmental partners
Advertisement # 40748
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.