Stakeholder Liaison Specialist
PM3 Planning and Program Analyst 3
Department of Natural Resources and Northern Development
Wildlife, Resource Management and Protection
Advertisement Number: 40560
PM3 $68,995.00 - $86,717.00 per year
February 24, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation.
The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Natural Resources and Northern Development is responsible for leading the policy development and program delivery that fosters responsible resource development for the benefit of all Manitobans. This will be achieved by working in partnership with Indigenous and northern communities, industry, and non-government organizations to develop planning frameworks and science-based management plans that ensure the sustainable use of Manitoba’s fish, forests and wildlife.
The Resource Management and Protection Division delivers programs and services that balance sustainable economic development with ecosystem management related to Manitoba's fish and wildlife resources. The Wildlife Branch ensures sustainable wildlife populations through innovative and science-based management and habitat programs.
To be considered for this competition candidates ARE REQUIRED to submit the Application Form for screening, along with your resume, to the Public Service Commission by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), quoting competition #40560 and the position title in the subject line.
Resumes may be used in addition to the Application Form for screening purposes.
Click here to access the application form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 licence
- Ability to travel on occasion, with possible overnight stays
- Degree in public administration, business administration, or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience in leadership and program management may be considered.
- Exceptional and proven leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to lead others through influence.
- Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with stakeholders and all levels of government.
- Superior verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate and present to all levels of the organization and to external stakeholders.
- Experience undertaking research and analysis for policy development and implementation
- Superior written communication skills, including the ability to prepare brief, concise and accurate briefing materials that distill complex issues for decision-makers.
- Experience leveraging opportunities for innovation, finding creative solutions to issues and initiating and implementing/managing change.
- Strong project management experience including initiating, planning, and implementing projects
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of government decision-making processes.
The Stakeholder Liaison Specialist (SLS) works at an advanced level in the branch in collaboration with, external and internal stakeholders, including other departments.
The SLS leads the branch in stakeholder engagement, service innovation and strategy management projects, project management, project consultation, development of procedures, processes, policies, program development and continuous improvement initiatives, which assist in achieving strategic and operational goals and enhances the delivery of public services.
Advertisement # 40560
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.