Senior Business Analyst - Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
BA3 Business Analyst 3
Department of Agriculture
Transformation, Corporate Services and Innovation
Advertisement Number: 40037
BA3 $74,574.00 - $94,755.00 per year
November 3, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation.
The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Eligibility List will be established to fill similar positions throughout Manitoba and will remain effective for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Other locations for this position within Manitoba may be considered.
Manitoba Agriculture works collaboratively with citizens, industry, governments and other stakeholders to enable the sustainable development and strengthen the resilience of Manitoba's agriculture and food processing industries. Skilled, passionate and engaged staff that embrace innovation and continuous improvement are key to the department's success.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or Information Technology (IT) ; or an equivalent combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with business analysis including analyzing and defining business problems and requirements, developing business cases and identifying strategic processes and technological solutions.
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and other softwares including Esri, ArcGIS Online for Organizations (AGOL), ArcGIS Portal, ArcInfo Workstation, Python and DATEM 3D Summit Pro, or equivalent systems and software.
- Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities within tight timeframes.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to balance competing interests and priorities among a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience executing all facets of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Experience organizing and coordinating user acceptance testing.
The Senior Business Analyst - GIS is accountable for the oversight of Global Information System development and implementation initiatives for the department. This position leads projects that are typically highly complex, involving multiple processes, multiple services, multiple business units, and potentially other departments or industry stakeholders. In addition, the Senior Business Analyst - GIS will provide guidance, support and mentorship to business consultants on projects with narrower scope and complexity. The role of the Senior Business Analyst - GIS is a supportive catalyst for change, focusing not on just the underlying GIS supports, but on the business policies, business standards, mapping needs, practices and processes that their stakeholders' GIS applications and systems support. This is accomplished by using communications, marketing and advocacy skills to anticipate and shape demand, balancing business and ICT change impacts and channeling that demand into the delivery of effective and efficient services to help their constituent business areas achieve their organizational goals and objectives.
Advertisement # 40037
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3B 2A9
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.