AY3 Administrative Secretary 3
Advertisement Number: 10038074
AY3 $41,136.00 - $47,018.00 per year
September 22, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation.
The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Elections Manitoba is an independent office of the Legislative Assembly. It is the mission of the office to ensure the democratic rights of all Manitobans through the conduct of free and fair provincial elections, by ensuring compliance with political financing laws and by enhancing public confidence in and awareness of the electoral process.
Elections Manitoba is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join our team as an Administrative Secretary. Under the direction of the Office Manager, the incumbent supports the efficient and effective daily operations of Elections Manitoba, playing a key role in helping the office run smoothly and efficiently.
In order to be considered for this competition you must submit an application form in addition to providing a cover letter and resume. Please see below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- The incumbent must be, and remain, politically non-partisan in both perception and fact
- Certificate or diploma in office administration and experience performing a full range of clerical office administration duties. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience performing reception and administrative duties including supporting a busy staff and management team and interacting with the general public and/or political entities
- Sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills, including the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both collaboratively in a team environment and independently
- Experience handling sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with a specialized program through a computer system
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken French is an asset
The Administrative Secretary is responsible for reception duties including answering phones, greeting and welcoming visitors, assessing and responding to inquiries or redirecting as required. The position is responsible for receiving and processing invoices and payments against requisitions, receiving and sorting mail, coordinating mail-outs, data entry, preparing and processing documents, maintaining paper and electronic filing systems, coordinating meetings, events, and travel arrangements, maintaining office supplies, and other general office duties. The position will also assist with the coordination of workshops through Election Manitoba’s Your Power To Choose program. The Administrative Secretary is also responsible for handling sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner. During an election period duties and work may be expanded, including overseeing and guiding temporary administrative staff.
Advertisement # 10038074
Manitoba Legislative Assembly
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg MB, R3C 3R6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.