Engineer-In-Training (EIT) Development Program
EG1 Engineer 1
Regional Operations, Traffic Engineering, Highway Design
Dauphin MB, Steinbach MB, Brandon MB, Winnipeg MB
Advertisement Number: 37499
EG1 $50,895.00 - $64,683.00 per year
July 4, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation.
The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES A COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM ONLY**
Please do NOT submit a resume or cover letter.
Manitoba Infrastructure offers a structured comprehensive EIT Development Program where we provide you with training and experience to support your goal of becoming a Professional Engineer. With your current experience as the foundation, your personal development plan will ensure that you get experience performing varied and challenging work related to roadway construction, drainage, project management and related engineering/design. We will support your professional and educational development with in-house and external training and provide guidance and mentorship through our large dynamic group of Professional Engineers. We offer comprehensive management training and coaching to help you prepare for one of the many possible opportunities for advancement in the Department.
We provide competitive compensation that includes paid overtime, paid time off, comprehensive health and wellness benefits, insurance, a flexible workplace and more.
Positions will be of interest to candidates whose academics and experience aligns with one or more of the following engineering streams:
**PLEASE CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE APPLICATION FORM**
- Highway Design - Jr. Project Engineer
- Traffic Engineering - Traffic Support Engineer
- Regional Operations - Project Engineer
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have an undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent approved by Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.
- Must be enrolled (or eligible) as a Member in Training with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.
- Must not already be in Manitoba Infrastructure's Engineer-In-Training Program
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver's Licence.
- Must be able to work overtime including weekends and be able to be away from home for extended periods.
- Must be able to travel frequently to work sites within the province by ground and/or air transportation.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor rough terrain environment and be exposed to notable hazards such as construction equipment, roadway traffic, noise, dust, hand/power tools, insects, vegetation, & sharp objects.
Position Specific Essential Criteria:
- Strong written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and courteously with various individuals and groups
- Ability to work respectfully and productively within teams
- Excellent planning, organizing, and follow-up skills
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Leadership skills
- Regional Operations, Project Engineer: Experience in construction inspections, design, field surveys, and knowledge of roadway design and principles
- Traffic Engineering, Traffic Support Engineer: Knowledge of traffic safety and operational analysis, active transportation, intersection/network operational analysis, workzone traffic management.
- Highway Design (Jr. Project Engineer), Project Engineer: Experience in construction inspections, design, field surveys, and knowledge of roadway design and principles
EIT’s work under the guidance and direction of a Professional Engineer while in the program. The objective of this opportunity is to develop the EIT into a Project Engineer at the full working level of Engineer 2 (EG2). Following successful completion of Manitoba Infrastructure’s EIT Development Program and upon receiving your professional designation, candidates will be eligible for promotion to the EG2 level.
Advertisement # 37499
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.