Infrastructure Program Technologist
TE2 Technical Engineering Officer 2
Capital Planning, Infrastructure, Capital Projects
Advertisement Number: 36860
TE2 $63,673.00 - $76,696.00 per year
January 24, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation.
The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Capital Planning Branch provides expertise in program development, policies, framework, and analysis for making decisions and establishing value for money in department programs. Capital Planning also manages the maintenance, enhancements and quality assurance of data for the department’s various capital and preservation infrastructure program systems, Construction Management System (CMS) and Project Management.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to occasionally work unscheduled overtime and extended hours.
- Must be able to travel throughout Manitoba with occasional overnight stays.
- Must have a valid class 5 Manitoba Driver's Licence
- Civil Engineering Technology Diploma or completion of the Department's Level 3 training program, or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience performing data analysis.
- Experience in construction management of highway and/or bridge construction activities.
- Strong planning, time management and organizational skills to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Interpersonal communication skills with ability to effectively develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative.
- Ability to exercise good political acumen.
- Experience working with a Construction Management System.
The Infrastructure Programs Technologist reports to the Director of Capital Planning and performs advance paraprofessional technical work and is responsible for the preparation of the department’s capital and preservation programs which address the most critical deficiencies in the highways, structures, airports, marines and water related infrastructure networks, reflects government/departmental priorities, government agreements with other jurisdictions and departmental commitments.
The Infrastructure Programs Technologist requires extensive interaction and co-operation with the Infrastructure, Capital Projects Division, Technical Services & Operations Division, the Director of Capital Planning and executive management to gather information to develop divisional policies, provide research and analysis in response to requests for information.
Advertisement # 36860
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.