Senior Policy Analyst
PM3 Senior Policy Analyst
Department of Conservation and Climate
Legislation, Policy and Coordination, Finance and Shared Services
Advertisement Number: 36912
PM3 $65,288.00 - $82,064.00 per year
December 15, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation.
The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list for 12 months may be established for similar positions through out the Province of Manitoba.
Manitoba Government Conservation and Climate is looking for a qualified Senior Policy Analyst to support Legislation, Policy & Coordination Branch within the Finance and Shared Services Division. This position will oversee the development and implementation of key strategic priorities in order to improve outcomes across various government programs and policies.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as required.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the province, including occasional overnight stays.
- Must be able to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Post secondary education in public administration, law, economics, environment, agriculture, or social sciences, AND related work experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may also be considered.
- Experience researching, analyzing, developing and providing recommendations on complex policy issues.
- Superior written communication skills with experience producing reports, briefing notes and other authority-seeking documents.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly present information to senior management for decision-making purposes.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to respond in a complex, dynamic environment.
- Strong political acumen, with the ability to work with sensitive information and conduct business in a confidential and professional manner.
- Experience working independently with strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize workload, multi-task and work on concurrent assignments with strict deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to take initiative, innovate and collaborate.
- Knowledge of regulatory accountability principles and the regulatory process
Reporting to the Director of Legislation, Policy and Coordination, the Senior Policy Analyst is responsible for providing analysis, advice and recommendations addressing the strategic priorities of the department. The incumbent plays a leadership role in collaboration both within the department and across government and applies a corporate lens to promote alignment of department policy and programs to broad strategic objectives. The position also provides leadership in evaluating and developing policy and programs that advance government and department mandates.
Advertisement # 36912
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.