Director, Education Administration Services
PCD Director, Education Administration Services
Governance and Policy Branch, Corporate and Education Services
Advertisement Number: 36727
PCD $78,111.00 - $104,249.00 per year
November 1, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation.
The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
This competition may be used to establish an eligibility list to fill similar positions and would remain in effect for up to 12 months.
The Department of Education is looking for a transformational leader to join our team during an exciting time for the department and for Manitoba's K-12 education system. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will have the opportunity to lead teams in designing solutions to address immediate needs, as well as future-oriented system transformation. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Management experience with post-secondary degree in law, political studies, economics, business or public administration or related field.
- Experience in leading the design and implementation of policies and programs.
- Knowledge of legal or governance systems, with extensive experience in the interpretation and application of legislation.
- Strategic leadership skills with experience in coaching, managing employee performance, and in fostering diversity, collaboration and engagement across cross-functional teams.
- Strong political acumen, with experience providing strategic advice to senior officials on highly confidential, complex and sensitive issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships within a team and with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to strategically manage and synthesize multi-dimensional issues, adapt to changing priorities, and operate successfully in a deadline-driven environment.
- Effective verbal communication skills with an ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information to all levels of the organization and to external stakeholders and the public.
- Effective written communication skills, including the ability to write politically sensitive and confidential materials for senior leaders and public facing documents.
- Strong financial acumen, with knowledge of government's financial policies and processes.
- Knowledge of the kindergarten-to-grade 12 education system.
The Director of Education Administration Services is responsible for the design of governance policy and the application of legislation for Manitoba K-12 system. The Director oversees the certification of teachers and clinicians in Manitoba, and manages oversight of pupil transportation and student records. The Director maintains relationships with Faculties of Education and interjurisdictional partners in ensuring a qualified teaching force in Manitoba. The position involves extensive collaboration with senior administrators within the K-12 system and with colleagues across the department and across government.
Advertisement # 36727
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.