Maintenance Worker (General Inventory)
MW Maintenance Worker
Regional Operations-Region 2 & 3, Technical Services and Operations
Carberry MB, Elie MB, Virden MB, Brandon MB
Advertisement Number: 36670
MW $35,896.00 - $46,414.00 per year LAB - OR4
November 16, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation.
The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Salary and classification is dependent on qualifications and experience.
This job advertisement may be used to fill future Maintenance Worker opportunities. A twelve (12) month eligibility list will be established for future casual, term and regular departmental Maintenance Worker vacancies that will also include Shoal Lake, Minnedosa, Birtle, Wawanesa, Treherne, Neepawa, Killarney, Boissevain, Crystal City, Elkhorn, Hamiota, Ninette, Pipestone, Russell, Souris and Melita. If you are interested in a career in highway maintenance operations , we encourage you to apply in the event a vacancy does become available.
Preference may be given to internal candidates.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Class 5 driver's licence & able to upgrade to class 3 with air brake endorsement within 6 months.
- Work extended hours, weekend and statutory holidays, subject to call out and working under adverse weather conditions.
- Physically capable of performing all of the required job duties, lifting/carrying 0-25kg, walking on rough terrain, sitting and standing for prolonged periods, climbing stairs and ladders, crouching, kneeling, bending, twisting, operating vehicles and wearing personal equipment).
- Able to respond to work within 30 minutes of call.
- Experience performing manual duties.
- Experience operating hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety, Health & Risk Management.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience operating light and/or heavy duty equipment.
- Experience servicing and/or making minor repairs to vehicles and equipment.
Reporting to the Area Works Supervisor, the Maintenance Operations Worker will also receive lead hand directions from the Assistant Works Supervisor. This position performs physical maintenance work, operates and maintains small hand and power tools associated with highway maintenance operations to ensure the safety of the workers and travelling public while maintaining public infrastructure.
Advertisement # 36670
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3H8
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Click here to access the application form.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Candidates should indicate their preferred location on their application.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.