IW2 Informational Writer 2
Advertisement Number: 35990
IW2 $56,380.00 - $67,614.00 per year
February 14, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation.
The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Elections Manitoba is the independent office of the Legislative Assembly responsible for the free and fair conduct of all provincial elections and the regulation of political financing. The mandate of the office includes public education and information programs to make the electoral process better known to Manitobans and especially those groups most likely to experience difficulties in exercising their democratic rights.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- The incumbent must be, and remain, politically non-partisan in both perception and fact
- A degree or diploma in communications or communications-related field with experience working in digital communications and/or an equivalent combination of skills and experience
- Strong and demonstrated written communication skills, including expertise in writing, reviewing and editing documents for diverse audiences
- Strong digital communication skills, including experience developing and delivering original content for websites and professional social media accounts
- Experience managing social media campaigns on multiple channels
- Experience with MS Office suite, and with using Adobe Creative Suite products (i.e. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) to produce camera-ready materials, including graphic design and layouts
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Experience in preparing and/or making presentations to various audiences
- Outreach experience to various communities/audiences
- Media relations experience an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken French is an asset
The Communications Officer’s primary responsibility is to support and promote voter registration and public participation in elections through developing a variety of communication tools. This includes creation and delivery of content for Elections Manitoba’s public websites and social media accounts, research, writing and editing of articles and other materials for internal and external communications, and supporting the development and implementation of public awareness and outreach programs. Other responsibilities include identifying opportunities to promote and inform the public about education programs, electoral participation and voter registration, as well as developing internal communications materials. The Communications Officer will also provide general administrative support to the Manager of Communications.
Advertisement # 35990
Manitoba Legislative Assembly
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg MB, R3C 3R6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.