Cadastral CAD Specialist
TE1 Technical Engineering Officer
Department of Sustainable Development
GeoManitoba, Finance and Crown Lands
Advertisement Number: 33512
TE1 $57,517.00 - $69,099.00 per year
April 30, 2018
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Degree or Diploma in Geomatics or Survey Technology. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may also be considered
- Knowledge of Manitoba's systems of survey, map projection systems and survey plans
- Experience conducting land boundary surveys
- Experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D related to the compilation of legal survey plans
- Strong mathematical skills related to land surveying computations
- Ability to ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Effective research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability work in a team environment
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information
This position is primarily responsible for the drafting and production of legal survey plans. This position provides for the specialized computations in surveying, mapping and land information related disciplines including developing, updating and maintaining digital positional and attribute data for province wide registered plan parcels including boundaries, annotation and polygon topology, as well as compilation, processing, storage, retrieval, and distribution of survey data and information in support of staff surveyors, government departments and agencies, and private industry and citizens.
Advertisement # 33512
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 0C4
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.