LF1-3 Legal Counsel 1-3
Manitoba Prosecution Service
Advertisement Number: 33903
LF1-3 $75,463.00 - $152,212.00 per year
April 16, 2018
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
Manitoba Prosecution Service is responsible for prosecuting most offences in Manitoba. These offences are identified in provincial statutes, the federal Criminal Code of Canada and The Youth Criminal Justice Act. Manitoba Prosecution Service offers an attractive benefits package and a defined pension plan and provides opportunities for development.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Eligible for membership or membership (in good standing) with the Law Society of Manitoba
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check & Child Abuse Registry Check
- Enhanced Security Screening
- Evening and weekend work as required
- Ability to travel by road and air, including overnight stays
- Litigation experience in the practice of criminal law
- Superior oral communication and presentation skills
- Superior written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effective case management
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively meet short deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience and proficiency with computer software packages including legal research applications, MS Word and Outlook or equivalents
As a Crown Attorney, you will provide prosecutorial service regarding matters arising under the Criminal Code of Canada and provincial statutes, in the provincial and superior courts. Other duties involve giving legal opinions, reviewing police reports and instructing police with respect to charges and investigations. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in community and other legal education in the areas of criminal law and procedures on behalf of Manitoba Prosecution Service.
Advertisement # 33903
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 0C4
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.