Head of Commercial Policy, Planning and Programming
KP3 Park Planner 3
Department of Sustainable Development
Parks and Protected Spaces, Parks and Regional Services
Advertisement Number: 33767
KP3 $66,347.00 - $80,437.00 per year
February 25, 2018
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Sustainable Development is seeking a qualified individual to fill the Head of Commercial Policy, Planning and Programming (KP3) position in Winnipeg. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid, full stage Manitoba Class 5 Drivers Licence
- Must be willing and able to travel with occasional overnight accommodations
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours periodically, as required.
- Degree in a Natural Resources Management, Natural or Environmental Sciences, Park Management, recognized Land Management, or Property Management Program with related work experience in park management, outdoor recreation planning, land use or park planning or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in strategic planning and policy development related to a complex program
- Experience in program management and administering leases or permits including research and development of land use agreements
- Experience working in a regulatory environment related to site plan permit applications for construction, renovation or expansion of commercial properties and/or special consideration organizations including approval and issuance of building permits
- Financial management experience including experience monitoring and developing a budget and/or a multi-capital plan
- Strong dispute resolution and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret and apply legislation and regulations
- Effective verbal communication skills including the ability to make presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups and members of the public
- Political acumen including the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently with strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written communication skills including report writing and written correspondence
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) or similar software applications.
- Knowledge of Manitoba's provincial parks system, including the provincial parks strategy and park management plans
- Experience using the Crown Land Registry System or similar land management database.
Under the limited direction of the Manager of Cottaging and Commercial Development (KP4), this senior program planning position is responsible for leading strategic planning and policy development activities setting the direction for the commercial and Special Consideration Organization (SCO) programs in Manitoba Parks. The incumbent keeps abreast of industry trends, changing customer demands and the evolving regulatory environment as a basis for ensuring that commercial and SCO programming is developed and delivered in a manner that is consistent with the mission and vision of the department and government. The incumbent has province-wide responsibility to make certain that legislation, regulations and policy are adapted to set program direction in the management of commercial and SCO lands (both leased and private) in parks and followed to ensure consistent program delivery. This position participates in the section management team to deal with human resource, budget and work program issues.
Advertisement # 33767
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 0C4
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.