Mechanical Equipment Mechanic 2
ME2 Mechanical Equipment Mechanic 2
Department of Natural Resources and Northern Development
Manitoba Parks - Eastern Region, Manitoba Parks & Trails Division
Falcon Lake MB, South Whiteshell MB
Advertisement Number: 41432
ME2 $2,227.20 - $2,620.00 bi-weekly
July 28, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation.
The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions in the Eastern Region and will remain in effect for up to 12 months.
Bunkhouse accommodations may be provided.
Manitoba Parks is seeking a qualified individual to fill a Mechanical Equipment Mechanic 2 (ME2) position located in the South Whiteshell District. Become part of a team that provides the best that any provincial park can offer. The South Whiteshell is a four-season park where nature sets the stage for an outdoor experience where a meteorite lake welcomes swimmers and scuba divers; and where children's days are easily filled at one of nature's great playgrounds. The Whiteshell will take you away from it all by trail, road, or by water. Choose any one of 200 lakes, throw in a hook and test your skills with northern pike, bass, walleye, lake and rainbow trout.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba full stage Class 3 Drivers licence with air brake endorsement or be willing to acquire within 12 months of employment.
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position, which may include: lifting weights up to 50 pounds, bending, reaching, standing for long periods of time and working for extended periods of time in various types of outdoor conditions.
- Must be willing and able to work weekends, shift work and holidays.
- Must possess an Interprovincial Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic Licence.
- Experience in the service and maintenance of heavy duty equipment (graders, loaders, tandems, etc.) and components including diesel and gas engines.
- Experience in the diagnosis of mechanical and electrical problems, including the use of diagnostic software.
- Experience in welding repairs and fabrication of mechanical parts.
- Experience in cost estimates and ordering supplies and material.
- Experience working independently with organizational and time management skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Experience in record keeping and inventory control.
- Experience supervising staff including providing direction and managing quality of work.
- Working knowledge of Workplace Safety and Health procedures and practices.
The Mechanical Equipment Mechanic 2 is responsible for the service, preventative maintenance, repair and overhaul of mechanical equipment. The incumbent plans and supervises operations of all mechanical repairs, retro fitting and vehicle safety, preventative maintenance in the mechanical shop, including vehicles, heavy equipment, commercial mowers and small motors.
Advertisement # 41432
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3B 2A9
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.